By supporting the weight of your paddle, the Gamut Paddle Holder reduces stress on your shoulders, back and joints. This makes Gamut well-suited for paddlers with rotator cuff injuries, joint stiffness or other upper body physical limitations. Gamut's support mount attaches to most sit-in kayaks and can be easily removed when not in use. The rotating head delivers a fluid, energy efficient motion and lets paddlers use their own favorite paddle. Anglers love it because they can simply "let go" and their paddle stays in place.
Our customers include people who’ve had shoulder surgery, paddlers with one arm, kayak anglers, disabled military veterans and people with a host of injuries or disabilities (e.g., tendonitis, SCI, paralysis, Cerebral Palsy).
Gamut comes with a Hinged Mount that attaches to most sit-in kayaks in about 15 minutes. The system uses YakAttack's RotoGrips to hold your paddle (round or oval shaft) in place between two soft rollers. Paddles of at least 220 cm or more in length are recommended.
The mount attaches with small bolts to the front edge and/or sides of the coaming and hinges upward for ease of entrance and exit. The vertical support post can be moved forward or backward in the track for ideal positioning relative to the paddler’s torso. See our Mounts page for installation specifications.
Gamut Paddle Holder for Sit-In Kayaks
- Comes with Hinged Mount and mounting hardware. Two velcro straps included for added paddle security.
- Adaptive paddling, military/veterans, physical and recreational therapy, parks and recreation, rental and retail programs.
- We recommend a paddle of at least 220 cm, even longer is good.
- See our Mounts page for installation specifications.
- Watch this short video to see if the Hinged Mount will be a good "fit" with your sit-in kayak.